1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 package of yeast(fast-rising)
1/2 warm water
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup of sugar
3/4 tsp salt
4 cups of flour
- Make yeast mix. Mix packet of yeast with 1/2 cup of warm water and 1 tbsp sugar.
- On stove, scald one cup of milk and add 1/2 cup of butter. Let cool until lukewarm.
- Beat 3 eggs, well beaten until they are light and fluffy.
- Mix milk, yeast mix, and well beaten eggs in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar, 3/4 tsp salt and 4 cups of flour to wet ingredients. Mix well
- Dough will be sticky. Cover and let rise 5-6 hrs.
- Turn onto floured board and divide into half.
- Roll out into big circle, around 16″ in diameter. Brush with butter
- Cut into triangles, like a pizza is cut and roll into crescent shapes. We found that a pizza cutter works really well for this.
- Place rolls onto baking sheet and let rise again! 5-6 hours. If you transfer them after second rise, they will deflate and look sad 🙁
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Brush baked rolls with butter and enjoy.
- Yields around 30 rolls.
- Try to make the dough rise in a warm, humid place. Placing a warm wet towel on tops of the dough helps it grow really well.
- Sprinkle flour when rolling out the dough so it doesn’t stick to any surfaces or the roll.
- Try to make them equal sized when rolling into crescent shaped rolls.